Refuge BJJ will be changing to a quarterly promotion schedule! Promotions will now be held in Sept, Dec, Mar, and Jun.
- Allows more students and families to be present for promotions
- Takes less time away from class during the week
- Gives a day once a quarter to play games (kids classes) and roll more!
- More time for photos for the promoted students!
- Allows for a regular schedule for coaches to review progress
Join us for our first quarterly promotion:
Mighty Mites: Thursday Sept 26
Youth: Friday Sept 27
Teen & Adult: Friday Sept 27
Find out how Refuge BJJ evaluates promotions.
What if I miss quarterly promotion day?
That's okay! If you are up for promotion, you will receive your promotion the following week during regularly scheduled class.
Will I be notified if I am getting promoted (or my child)?
Any student receiving a new rank (belt color) will be notified. Students receiving stripes will not be notified in advance.
Will my child be discouraged if they come and it is not their turn to be promoted?
Maybe. It is so relatable to be bummed if it is not your turn for promotion. We see it as character building to be able to experience the disappointment, accept it, and use it as motivation to work even harder. We want each student to be able to celebrate their teammates' successes without comparison of their own progress.
Can I take pictures during promotion day?
Absolutely! We hope you do!
For any other questions, please see a coach at Refuge BJJ!