Meet Rhyan from Youth Class!
Refuge BJJ coaches nominated students to participate in a student spotlight. They are a few of the examples of what makes our school great! Read below to learn more Rhyan and her jiu-jitsu journey.
- What is your name? Rhyan
- How old are you? 9
- What is your BJJ rank? White belt with 2 stripes
- How long have you been training jiu-jitsu? Since May 2018. About 9 months
- What made you decide to try it? I decided to try it to learn how to defend myself. And because I knew a friend was going and having fun while training.
- What is your favorite thing about jiu-jitsu? Trying new defenses on other people during rolling. And I like practicing new things.
- What do you think is the hardest part of jiu-jitsu? I think the hardest part of jiu-jitsu for me is when my opponent is defending and I am trying to get a submission- knowing what to do next is the hardest thing for me.
- What would you tell your friends is the best reason to train jiu-jitsu? I would tell my friends that the best reason is so you know what to do if someone attacks you. And because it is challenging and fun!
Are you ready to join the Refuge BJJ team? Find out more about how to start your one week free trial!